Project Management Essentials course provides you with a foundation in professional project management principles. Based on the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Project
Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), you will be taken through the entire project lifecycle and will be introduced to the knowledge areas needed to manage any project effectively.
Using a case study, you will complete the necessary steps to plan a project scope and schedule comprehensively.
You will learn how to identify and manage risks and how to manage stakeholders’ expectations via communication. On completion, you will be familiar with key project management terminology and have the tools and techniques needed to manage your own projects.
This Project Management Professional training course is aimed at individuals who need to strengthen their project management skills. It is especially suitable for people new to Project Management or project team members who need to interact more effectively with the Project Manager and Project Stakeholders.
- Identify and define the key project phases
- Learn essential project management skills, concepts, tools and techniques
- Identify project stakeholders and map project deliverables to their needs
- Define and develop the project scope statement and Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimate project resources and duration
- Be able to schedule project tasks and develop a project schedule
- Manage the execution of the project and provide status reports to stakeholder
- Manage and control any changes required or requested
- Successfully close out a project
- Determine what lessons can be learned
Introduction to Project Management fundamentals
- Project Charter
- Identifying stakeholders and their needs
- Scope statement
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Estimation of resources and durations
- Developing timelines and schedules
- Plan communications
- Risk management
Project Monitor & Control
- Change Control
- Status reporting
Project Closing – Review
Delivery: virtual classroom training via ZOOM
Certification: Upon full attendance, learners will receive a digital certificate of completion.
Dates: May 22nd and 23rd
Please note this is an online program and the link to join this online training will be sent to all registrants 24 /48 hours before scheduled time directly by training organisation.
The Engineering Skillnet is co-funded by Skillnet Ireland and member companies. Skillnet Ireland is funded from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science. For further information or to request other dates, please contact email@example.com